CAREERS @ NCS
Senior Software Developer
LOCATION: Oldsmar, FL
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a part of NCSolutions you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that the industry will analyze advertising performance and impact on shopper behavior.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be hands-on and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. The ideal candidate will work independently and/or collaborate with other developers, architects, and analysts in creating solutions that meet business requirements to achieve time to market and data solutions. Candidate must be able to work closely with product managers, project managers, architects, other developers, DBA’s and business stakeholders to develop solutions. This requires a self-managed developer that can take special projects from inception to completion.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain various NCS Java applications, using various Java technologies (Spring Boot, MyBatis, etc.)
- Be able to understand complex systems and conduct software analysis, testing, and debugging, as well as recommend changes to improve software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders in order to ask the correct questions about requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into efficient Java based solutions.
- Experience with MyBatis preferred.
- Experience using Spring and Maven.
- Experience in backend and middleware development.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years IT experience with at least 5 years in software development.
- Experience in CPG or Media research a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must be an expert in Java. (Oracle Java certification(s) a plus)
- Knowledgeable and competent in SQL
- Strong ability to translate requirements into design and code based on requirements
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Strong ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills to solve design and coding problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply design patterns to write efficient and performant code.