CAREERS @ NCS
Product Support Engineer
LOCATION: Oldsmar, FL
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a part of NCSolutions you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that the industry will analyze advertising performance and impact shopper behavior.
As a Product Support Engineer, you will be hands-on and expected to support our solutions. The ideal candidate will work independently and/or collaborate with other developers, architects and analysts in creating solutions that meet our business requirements to achieve time to market and data solutions. Candidates must be able to work closely with project managers, other support engineers, developers, DBA’s and the business stakeholders to support the NCS Applications and infrastructure. This role will require someone that is self-managed that can take special projects from inception to completion.
Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team
Prioritize workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions
Perform production support activities that involve the assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs
Provide daily support with the resolution of escalated tickets and act as a liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure a better grasp of the product and domain
Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of the root cause and impact of the defect
Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in both User Acceptance Testing and Production environments
When technical issues with the product arise, must act quickly to analyze the available data and find the root cause of the problem.
You may be asked to develop a solution or pass the problem on to other engineering team members, all the while providing users with progress updates.
- Experience with MyBatis
- Experience in CPG or Media research
- Experience supporting ESB, and Tomcat
- Experience with Java and troubleshooting various environment issues
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or related field
- Oracle Java certification(s)
- 4+ years of software development or engineering experience
- Strong SQL and Unix skills including Shell Scripting
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multitask multiple users or issues at the same time, along with other responsibilities such as writing reports and participating in development